"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Vegas Vacation

Where do I even start?  Just the thought of even drinking a cup of coffee in the morning in peace without interruption was something I couldn't hardly wait for!  We didn't ever leave the kids for more than a night until 2 years ago, and that time I was pregnant with Kyler, and felt very guilty about leaving, and being pregnant, could not take full advantage of just relaxing and having a good time.  So when the Turrells, Duncan's, and us planned a trip to Las Vegas, I put all the mommy guilt behind me and decided it was okay for ME to have 4 days away.  And what a trip it was, we stayed at Katie's sisters house that is 4500 square feet in a gated community, each of us had our own bedroom and bathroom, huge pool with a hot tub running into it, you get the picture... :)
The guys all played baseball together at St. Martin's, but it was fun really getting to know Katie, the 3 of us girls had the guys shaking their heads at us all time, couldn't shut us up, we had an awesome time.  There will definitely be more get togethers in the future with this group!  Alright I could write paragraphs about this trip, but I will try to let the pictures talk, I took 179, but I won't include them all!
The worse part the plane...I am not scared, but I get so sick!  The take off and landing are awful!
Stacey and Josh, us girls got our first spray tans before the trip
I think this is a little too cute! :)
We both held off on having any of our favorite mini eggs until the trip, and even dug to the bottom of our luggage pile to break em out!
Night swim, Cody, Josh, and Chris
Stacey and Katie
Me and Stace
Morning cards by the pool, everything was on our own time, there was no schedule and no demands, so wonderful!
Our pool boys! 
Chairs in the pool, 90 degree sun, frozen lemon drops....
Josh and Stacey
Cody and Katie
Our handsome men
We had fun getting dressed up, out of our mommy sweats and pony tails for once!
The group!
We had a fun night at the Mirage, our only night on the strip, and went out for dinner, and saw Terry Fator.
Loved spending some quality time together, 7 years :)
If you are ever in Vegas, this show is a must see, it will have you laughing and crying!
Lots of pool games, we had no problem entertaining ourselves :)
Oh model Pissy!
This picture cracks me up, the things I love most about it is Chris ends up in the pool, good work Stace!
Although I enjoyed every second of relaxing, spending quality time with Chris, and having a blast with the group that we went with, I was more than ready to see my 3 rug rats again.  It was priceless to see their faces for the first time when coming off the plane. 

A special thanks to Memi, Cole, and Becca, and Nana, Papa, and Deuce for managing the kids while we were gone.  It was more than appreciated, and we love you guys so much!  Also thanks to Katie's sister, Sarah and Lyle for letting us stay at their house, it made the trip! (Lyle plays baseball for the Pittsburgh Pirates, so they were out of town)

3 comments:

lisakay said...

It looks you had so much fun! I'm a bit jealous! You really deserved a nice relaxing vacation.

The Mulder Family said...

Looks like TONS of fun...I totally want to go there someday. You look awesome for having 3 little boys too Julie!!!

The Van Prices said...

It definitely was over due huh?! I can't get over that one picture of Chris... a little modeling session! :) Glad you guys got out and had a good time with some great company!