"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bunk Beds Baby!

With Crew and Brody sharing a room, I have been eyeing double/double bunk beds for a while.  I wanted to wait until Crew was old enough to be on the top, and we will see if they will be able to handle it without having to make trips to the ER!
They are so excited about playing on these, and actually do go to sleep on them, so far so good!  I don't like to keep the latter up during the day, no need for the top bunk to be used as a jump off.  And yes Brody jumps from any height.  Crazy kid.
After about 7+ hours of my very OWN work on assembling these, I had to call in some assistance to actually put them on top of each other.  So Uncle Jeff and Papa came by to help me with the finishing touches.  I will never forget putting these together, it was a day of complete anxiety, 100's of screws, frustration, and all without a drill (so dumb on my part).  When it was all said and done, I am left with a beautiful bunk bed, but very sore hands with some blisters, and a very bad attitude.  Next time I will not do this on my own, and try to finish it on one day.  I guess I just have too high of expectations sometimes!
Thanks Papa!

Cheers to a new bunk bed, and hopefully some more nights of FULL sleep in the future!

2 comments:

mom2my4boys said...

OH my goodness, i can't believe you did that by yourself, you are brave. I probably would have been crying by the end! We just ordered bunks for the boys too - full on bottom, twin on top so i am sure they will fight over who gets the big one :)
Amy

Lindy said...

I hope you gave yourself a big huge pat on the back...I can't believe you did that all. I woulda been cussing up a storm trying to do something like that. Ryker already wants bunk beds for him and Slade...lol.