"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Thursday, June 2, 2011

Poor Brodes!

Bathroom cleaned...check.  Kyler down for a nap...check.  Brody just hanging on the potty trying to get this potty training thing down, stalling, so I go and do something outside the bathroom waiting for him and I hear him screaming.   Great, what now, PLEASE do not wake up Kyler...  Well he found the Tabasco sauce bottle, and some how broke the bottle open, sliced his thumb open, and spilled the sauce all over his body (yes everywhere).  So not only do I find him gushing blood out of his thumb, but his whole body is burning because of the Tabasco (he had no clothes on).  Screaming at me that he was burning, trying to get him in the shower while holding a towel on his thumb, blood everywhere, glass, you get the picture.  The poor kid, I never imagined my body covered in hot sauce, but through the reaction of this 3 year old it is not very fun, and kept saying how scared he was... :(  Good thing Chris was home to try to help handle him with this weird combination of issues.  It really took a full 20+ minutes to really get him calm enough to quit crying and get his thumb from dripping blood.

So we head into the doctor's and he was really calm and brave when we got there.  However we waited forever, and the doctor had a tough time making up her mind if she wanted to stitch him there or the ER because of the placement on top of the thumb, the rough part.  I guess they can't numb the tips of the body very well, so instead of the usual numbing cream, they had inject into the cut a numbing medicine that hurt so bad for him.  Then instead of the medicine working, it didn't, when they tried to stitch it the stitch didn't take.  So they then had to remove it, all while my poor Brodes is just screaming and flailing everywhere with 4 of us in the room trying to hold him down and still.  I was sweating, and I hate blood, needles, and so I just looked away and tried my best to just comfort him.  Plan B.  Either go to the ER and have them stitch it since they can sedate him more, or just try to glue and steri strip it.  The only problem of using the glue/steri strip is the care of the wound.  Kids can pick apart the strips and glue, where the stitches they can't.  So we opted for that, there was no way I was going to get him all worked up again and do the whole ER thing if we didn't have too, so are praying he doesn't touch it.
Already two times tonight he took off the wrap, urgh...  Guess he's sleeping in my bed, gotta keep on eye on this kid! They said it really needs a good week+ to heal, good luck with him not picking it open...
My brave little dude, we stopped off by Rite Aid on the way home and he picked out a candy toy.  But don't think some cut is going to stop him, he is his same energetic and full of energy self!  Just another day in the Price house, 3 active little boys and plenty of adventures in our future...

*Oh and if you are wondering why I would have Tabasco sauce in my bathroom?  We had used it in the past when Brody was going through this biting stage, and since then the boys are so scared of it, I have often shown them the bottle just as nice little motivator...

No comments: