So Crew is finally 5 and at the age where he can do it. Papa picked him up the night before and they went and scoped out exactly where their fishing spot was going to be. Crew was excited, but I might have to say my dad was even more excited! So the next day papa got there early to make sure and claim the spot they picked and Chris then brought Crew later to register him, etc. Since I was coming from early morning boot camp, I told Chris to get Crew there and then I would come with the other boys right when it was going to start, no use for everyone to be waiting around.
So brilliant me decided, wow I feel great after boot camp, I am going to WALK with the boys in the stroller across town to the derby. By the time I get them situated, snacks packed, and on the road, I looked at the time and I was going to only have 15 min to get there. Crap, there is no way I could walk and get to the city park from my house in that time. So I just start running, and I am not a super fast runner, so when I got closer and realized I was not going to make it, I hauled it, (remember I just finished boot camp), to get there right when it started!! I made it (thank you AdvoCare, ha ha) and good thing I did, because two minutes later Crew would have already caught his 2 fish limit and he won 2nd place!!!!
Nana and the boys
Crew excited to fish!
Group effort!
Running to get his fish in, so he could win!! :) 2nd place and he got a REAL pair of binoculars, couldn't have been a more perfect prize for him... :)So proud
Papa and Crew in their glory
My dad recruited the whole family down for the event, I had no idea we had so many fishing derby supporters :)
Me and my Cruiser--good job buddy!
Its tough to be the younger brother, poor Brody wanted to fish so bad...It looks like we may need to do some more fishing in the future. With two Papa's that love fishing too, I am sure the boys will get plenty of oppurtunity in the future.




No comments:
Post a Comment