"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Friday, September 2, 2011

First Days of Kindergarten and Preschool

Where does the time go, seriously?  EVERYONE says it, and I swear at least a couple times a week I have someone reminding me of how fast it goes, and to enjoy the craziness of it all because it just goes too dang fast.  I agree.  I honestly was trying to be strong mom, and not think too much about Crew going to school as a sad thing, but more as something he is going to LOVE so much.  And the fact that my little BoBo's is going to be at preschool is just too much.. ;)

This week has been nuts, with me going back to work, and all of these new and exciting starts going on, I have been emotionally drained everyday just trying to get things in place.  Earlier in the week we had a run through of Crew's first day (only 45 min) of Kindergarten and Brody's preschool orientation.  Normally I can always take them, but of course both of the times they needed to be there were during odd hours when I was teaching.  My teaching schedule is 10-3 every day, so it is nice I have my mornings with them. So thank goodness Chris was off and it was a Tuesday, if I couldn't be doing it, at least their dad can take them...OR NOT. 

Alarm goes off, me anxious and excited for the first day back to work with students, and everything new going on for the boys... Well Chris woke up puking, seriously?  I was pretty non sympathetic at the time, because lets be real, we don't have time for this.  So Chris battled and got through part of the day, and eventually daddy daycare was shut down, with some great back ups, thank goodness!  Cole and Becca fortunately could help out...never a dull moment, timing is just wonderful, gotta love how you can have everything planned out and set up with such a big day in place, but everything can fall apart just like that...Just another day in paradise ;)  Even though Crew didn't have me or Chris take him to his 'first' day of Kindergarten, it didn't phase him a bit, it was just me that felt sad.. :(
Chris knew how important pictures were, so he did manage to get some taken, here is one of them....


So then came Thursday, when the first real day of preschool was happening, and Crew's first half day to Kindergarten where he was going to ride the bus! It was another big day, with both of those firsts, and Ky's first day with my cousin Kristin at daycare.  Ready, set, go!
There was a lot of anticipation all morning waiting for that bus to pull around the corner...  Brody was just as excited as Crew was to see it coming, I think we waited over 20 minutes for it...
Big Kindergartner ;(
Brodes is a little more shy and nervous than Cruiser, and was getting very scared at this point about me having to drop him off and leave him at school.  So he put on his typical sour face for some pictures...
There is my sweet dude, sporting his lightning backpack!
The bus stop comes right in front our house, perfect!
Little brothers watching from the window! This is exciting stuff!!!!
The Marti's are on the exact same schedule was us with Dane and Brody going to preschool together and Hailey and Crew both in Kindergarten, but with different teachers.
HERE IT COMES!!! This is when strong mom, went to, okay this is real, I can't hide or stop my emotions now...Tears...
Crew was so excited beyond words, and waved goodbye to me, and then walked up the stairs to the bus, and told the bus driver, just wait one second, my mom needs one more picture!  So he turned around and smiled for me.  So precious!  After the bus drove away, I had my moment, and I tear up thinking about, but I am so thankful too!
Now it was Brody's turn.... He was very apprehensive and shy walking into his school.  He had been here countless times with Crew, but now that it was his turn he was scared.  But once he saw the train table, he immediately started playing and was all smiles. 
It helped that his buddy Dane was there too.  He did so good, isn't he just the sweetest BoBo's?
Then comes Kys..............Kristin did AWESOME with my boys, he was very upset and nervous at first, but as soon as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse came on, he sat right down and was good to go.  He even ate lunch and napped.  My grandma (so great) picked up the other boys after their school so then they were all at Kristin's when I picked them up after school.  THEY LOVED IT!  Couldn't be a better fit for our boys!

So all in all, we survived, I think all of these changes are going to be just wonderful for our family, and the boys are going to be so happy where they are at.  I am loving my classes and the balance between home and school.  FIRST home football game tonight, come cheer on the lions, and stop by the concessions and say hi... :)  The boys are estactic about the game, we love football around here!

2 comments:

Joelle said...

What a day! Thank goodness for family and loved ones who can help out at the last minute! Crew looks like such a big boy, and he's going to do great with Mrs. Olson :-)

Lindy said...

I totally LOST it when Ryker went to Kindergarten too! :( What bus does he ride?? Ryker rides the bus too and I would think they are on the same one but who knows. Ryker told me he met a new friend on the bus and it was a boy in K. Hmmm, wonder who the little dude is. :)