"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, May 26, 2010

2 & 4 Year Appointments

Taking Brody and Crew to their doctor appointments seperately made for much better appointments! It seems like we have been to the doctor's a lot lately between well checks and being sick, it always seem to go in spurts. Good thing I just love my doctor (Bischoff) and the boys love her and the nurses too.

Crew's was interesting....You might think that since he is 4 now he can just turn it off when it needs to...Not Crew, he was wild and wanting to ask the nurse and doctor a million questions about everything. He even got to answer some questions of his own from the doctor this year, which put mom on the spot to make sure he was doing certain things, we passed! No shots for him, which he was worried about, but instead we got to do a hearing and eye sight test. Good thing the nurses are use to him by now, he was qutie commical when having to stand back and cover one eye and yell out what he saw. Everything is a game and Crew is one to always break the rules! When it came to the hearing he was pretty pumped about wearing the big head phones, but kept laughing. Fun times.

Stats: 46 lbs (>95%) and 43 inches (90%) so he still remains to be a big Cruiser Bruiser!

Brody's was full of tears... Not because he is a naughty boy, but because he was still super sick when bringing him in, he was full of tears and snot and looked like a complete mess. He had an ear infection and sinusitis, so they have him some antibiotics. Also his breathing is still bad, and even scary at nights when he gets these colds, so he is now on inhalers. Which we knew for awhile that this is something we were going to be dealing with. He is so cute taking his little puffs, I will take pictures soon I am sure. The pain of it is now he has 2 different ones, and they have to be taken 2 times a day. One more thing to add to the routine! So Brody is totally aware of his surroundings and as soon as we pull into the parking lot he automatically starts saying "no doctor, no doctor", and is so timid and scared about being there. He doesn't even like to be put on the scale or to have anyone touch him, he just clings to me. Poor Brodes! He is such a sweet little guy though, and has really been to his share of doctor visits and now he is totally scared of everything. He got 2 shots, and everything checked about really good as far as his development.

Stats: 27 lbs 6 oz (50%) and 35.5 inches (78%) Our lean mean fighting machine...He is getting real good for his size and holding his own!

4 comments:

The Jernigan Family said...

oh boy, I can't imagine trying to get Sage to do an inhaler...I have to clamp her mouth shut when she takes the bubble gum medicine. I don't think Sage will ever be on the percentile chart...I think the closest she ever got once was the 3rd..lol...hopes everyone feels better soon!

The Mulder Family said...

Ok poor Brody...I am trying to get ready for these days...I think shots are harder on mom's then kids & I hate needles myself...anything for your kids!! Feel better sooN!!

Becca said...

Chris was saying that Brodes was climbing the charts when he was over the other night! Thata boy!! :) I would LOVE to see 'Crew Charles' in the the doctors office haha He's been so funny lately! I am NOT looking forward to our second visit for our little man!! :( Saturday should be interesting with all the boys together! :) Can't wait!! Hopefully we get some decent weather though... it's not looking to promising!

michele said...

We went through a period of time when Willem began to panic when our car pulled into to the parking lot of our doctor! So I can relate! He had numerous ear infections and yes even the scale freaked him out!
Now he doesn't mind going a bit. :)
Hope you are all healthy soon.