"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bryce Steven Roberts

We have a new cousin/nephew, welcome to the world Bryce Steven Roberts, weighing in at 7 lbs 8 oz, and 20.5 inches... On Sunday, December 18, we were SURPRISED to find out that Jeff and Rachel had a boy, which was pure torture waiting until delivery to hear the news.  But what a rewarding surprise when we got to hear his name and meet him for the first time.  Rae Rae was a trooper and her doctor told them that her delivery should have been on YouTube because it was perfect.  Good job Rae!!!  My brother has already surpassed all expectations I had of him being a dad, he is so good with Bryce and is super involved with everything going on, he even helped deliver him, and texts me pics all the time.  Rachel is just a natural, patient, and relaxed mom. They are both just so happy, which is the coolest thing ever to become parents and watch someone else experience the greatest miracle and gift of all time.  I am excited to see how this new little bundle continues to add to their family, and our family as we welcome another boy to the group! 
 
First family picture
I do have to laugh because when Jeff and Rae were texting their friends the news, the name Bryce is auto corrected to "Bruce" so for about 10+ minutes all of their friends thought they had named him Bruce.  Ha.  So I think it is fun to call him Baby Bruce, let the nick names begin!
Nana
Middle name after Papa (Steven) and Grandpa Roberts
Makes me want to have another.. ;)  But 3 is plenty!
Proud Dad...weird my brother is a dad... I wonder what kind of schedule this child will be on ;)
The boys meeting their new cousin--Ky was calling him "Rice"
I think we will keep him--doesn't say a peep! So sweet!

Congrats Jeff and Rae- let the adventures begin--we love you!!!!

1 comment:

Joelle said...

So happy for the new addition to the Robert's family. And I know I already told you this, but he sure does look good on you!