"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Monday, December 5, 2011

Finding Peace

These are the days when that 20-30 minutes of "peace and quiet" may not be until late into the evening...Does emptying the dishwasher and folding laundry count? and sleep is cut short multiple times throughout the night with kids up with colds stacked right on top of each other.  It's the start of colds/flu, holiday parties and festivities, late bed times, and special occasions that get filled in between our already busy calendar.  Do we go, or don't we, how tired or sick are the kids, is it worth it?  We do it to ourselves, but sometimes it is so hard to just take a break and really find that peace that everyone needs, the balance that can seem so hard to achieve.  I seem to be super impatient these past weeks, crankier, and quicker to get angry, so today is a reality check for what I am so thankful for.  I wouldn't trade this life for anything, but again I am finding out oh so quickly that we can't do everything!  Working 5 days right now is taking a toll on me with Chris' schedule and shipping the kids anywhere and everywhere with their school, preschool, daycare and sports/church.  But that is another issue, mommy guilt, and knowing what is best for my family and me.  Take one day at time, easier said that done for the anal planner I am, but I just need to relax, and find God's strength and patience in finding this peace and routine for our family...
Happy Thanksgiving--- My 3 boys, God knew how much they would bless me, and each of their personalities give me so much to be thankful for!
Thanksgiving day at Grandma Biv's--I use to play with this same dress up stuff when I was a kid.  We ended up with 3 Thanksgivings, with Nana and Papa's house too.  Gotta love our families and spending time together.
3 boys in 3 1/2 years I knew they would be CLOSE, but who knew they would always want to be this CLOSE?  Kyler especially is so obsessed with Brody, he is constantly yelling BoBo's and following him everywhere he goes.  He has this new thing where he wants to sit on Brody's lap, which is too funny that Brodes even goes for it.  Here they are all watching Crew play the Wii, which they are really into right now.  Awww they do LOVE each other! :)
The perfect Christmas tree find was one that was precut, the boys were more interested in the camel at Stoney Ridge this year, which was fine by me.  Mom got to pick the tree this year, so the boys wouldn't fight on who got to, so there! :)
It is fun to see the boys get involved and actually care about decorating and setting up for Christmas, Crew had all 3 tubs emptied and things placed everywhere in the house... hmm I am not a very good decorator myself, but I did help him "rearrange"...Although I did give them pretty much free reign on where they were going to be put the ornaments on the tree.
Spider man Buzz, didn't you know there was such a thing? Yep that's Bo's, still got his wings, anyone want to place any bets on how much longer before it gets old?  Now he has combined his need for the Spider man  pajamas to complete his super hero outfit...
Ky's still wanting to sit by BoBo's, and watching all his moves on the iPad.
Chris was the cool parent the night he let him and boys stay up until 10:00 on a school night to watch Star Wars....
A day in the life....cooking dinner with one hand, KyKy with a melt down only wanting his mama in the other hand!

"Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And something you give away.”

“There’s no secret to balance. You just have to feel the waves”

2 comments:

michele said...

Your boys are at really busy ages! God has blessed you with three cute, fun kids! But sleepless nights and tight schedules sometimes make us moms cranky. Your boys look very happy. I think you guys are doing a great job. The last three nights I have cooked dinner with Hazel on my hip. So that last picture I could TOTALLY relate to! Time to get out the crock pot again. It seems I can easily get dinner going at 9 a.m. but it is hard to get it going at 5 p.m.! Hang in there! You have a great attitude!!

The Chases said...

so true! love you!!!