"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Everyday Love

Brothers, they are going to love growing up and having each other. They are already so protective of each other and have so much fun.
I left Kyler in the middle of the couch and told Crew to talk to him and make sure he did not fall over. Well I came back and Crew had moved Kyler next to him and they were just hanging out watching some cartoons.
Brodes is always wanting his shoes and "octs" socks on, he is one kid we could leave outside all day.
Silly Bo Bos
Crew and Brody take turns blowing on Kyler's stomach, it is so fun to see them get so excited over something so little.
A rare photo!! Brody holding Kyler!

Wow these days are crazy around here. Coming off of Chris working 5 nights in a row, I took a big sigh of relief knowing that I had my partner back in taking care of this house of boys for at least a day. It is quite the job raising these boys, and without Chris I don't know what I would do!
This past week I read a devotional out of "Jesus Calling" that really made me think, 3 days later I am still pondering over it and how relevant it is to my life and raising my boys the way God wants me to and not comparing myself/kids to other people.

Stop judging and evaluating yourself, for this is not your role. Above all, stop comparing yourself with other people. This produces feelings of pride or inferiority; sometimes a mixture of both. I lead each of My children along a path that is uniquely tailor-made for him or her. Comparing is not only wrong; it is also meaningless. Don't look for affirmations in the wrong places: your own evaluations, or those of other people. The only source of real affirmation is My unconditional Love. Many believers perceive Me as an unreleasable judge, angrily searching out their faults and failures. Nothing could be farther from the truth! I died for your sins, so that I might clothe you in My garments of salvation. This is how I see you: radiant in My robe of righteousness. When I discipline you, it is never in anger or disgust; it is it to prepare you for face-to-face fellowship with Me throughout all eternity. Immerse yourself in My loving Presence. Be receptive to My affirmation, which flows continually from the throne of Grace.
(Luke 6:37, John 3:16-17, Isaiah 61:10)

So often I get caught up in what I don't do well as a mom, and what other moms do well. I am not a crafty, creative person, and I wish that I could do more things like that for them. The fact that I have 3 kids, 3 1/2 years apart I feel guilty that I don't have time to give each one of them more individual and one on one time. I enjoy playing with Crew and doing games, but Brody likes to destroy the towers and tracks we build and doesn't necessarily make a good partner in games...Brody gets shortened on his most loved cuddle time with is mama because mornings can get so busy with three little ones. Reading books for him are often him sitting there flipping through pages and I am bouncing Kyler and reading over him. Kyler if he is being good gets left on the floor or exersaucer longer than I would like just to tend to the other boys or the everyday chores that seem to build up. I put pressure on my self and a lot of days are filled with anxiety and stress because I am feel as though I am not doing my job fully. I don't like to feel like I am failing, I am a very competitive driven person, I don't settle for just average, that is why I go to bed at night and think the kids won and I lost that day. Being triple teamed is hard! With a whistle around my neck referring the next fight/match I want to be in the one in control.

Well I have been humbled! Time and time again God reminds me about how His plan is the one that counts. Three boys this young can keep me turning in circles and not knowing what is going to happen next but I do feel God's strength and encouragement for me. I can't sit and compare myself to other mom's and kids. God has given me these special gifts and a purpose to do my very best and raise them to be respectful, loving, and happy boys. I pray that my boys love Jesus because I don't know what I would do without His love. I often say or think to myself how good other mom's feel about themselves or their kids when they are with me, because it seems like their kids are so much calmer, behaved, and respectful. I feel as if I am judged because I have crazy boys always doing silly and naughty things. Many of my friends know that when they call our phone conversations will often be cut off by a fight, someone getting hurt, a crying baby, or whatever that day brings I feel like they think my house is so crazy! I guess that is what you get when you mix Chris and I, two very on-the-go and active people!

But God is telling me otherwise, he gave me these very special boys, and with his guidance I know that we can win. At the end of the day I really couldn't be any happier and realize that this phase in our lives won't last forever and not to take a day for granted. What a blessing these boys are, and what a joy they bring to my life. I can only do the best that I can do, and with a fresh start each day, and God on my side, I am excited to raise these boys and see all the special days and memories ahead. I can't tell my boys enough how much I love them, and I know they love me too. Phil 4:13.

7 comments:

The Mulder Family said...

Hang in their Julie...I know that you are such a great mom to those three little boys...enjoy them!!

Pemberton Family said...

Jules, This post was so sweet! You made me cry reading it. I love all 3 of your boys Jules and I love you. You are an awesome mom and you have your hands full but its so important that you realize who is in control and I think you do realize that and that is what seperates you from the mom's that dont. I hope you don't compare yourself to other mom's because you are a great mom and others would have a hard time living up to doing what you are doing. You do put so much pressure on yourself to spend time with the kids, make sure they are happy while at the same time trying to get yourself back in shape. Just relax and enjoy this time, it will be over so fast especially if you have to go back to work next year. Just remember that most of the time we talk you are by yourself with 3 boys and Dave is here with me and we only have 2 boys (and really Jax doesn't count as being a boy yet because he is still so small and easy:)). Of course your house is crazy, you have 3 boys! I would feel so blessed if we had 3 boys and you should too no matter how loud, crazy or wild it gets they are happy boys and you are raising them in all the right ways. Most importantly to know Jesus' love. I love you, thanks for being such a great friend. Can't wait for Crew, Colt and Brody to make wild memories this weekend:)

The Haij Family said...

What a great testimony, Jules. I think your feelings of 'mommy guilt' are so common. It's hard for us to not feel guilty that we are not being the best moms we can be at all times, starting from the day we get pregnant. There's always something that is telling us we should be doing this or that and usually it's just in our own head. We feel guilty if we ever do something for ourself or if we are spending quality time with one child, it's hard not to feel guilty about not being with the other child/children. I think some of these thoughts are healthy because we have the personality that we always want to strive to be better. But, we also need to let some things go, too. And definitely try not to compare to others, which can be hard at times. Most importantly, deep down you know God is in control and your faith in Him is the ultimate gift you can give your boys as their mother. Anyway, I hope you know that you're not alone and from talking with other moms it's hard to find someone who doesn't have those feelings of 'mommy guilt' at times. On a side note, your boys are absolutely darling!! I've never been around them to know their personalities, but when you talk about their wildness and craziness, I'd say that's normal for boys. I don't know if you've done much research on parenting boys (in all your spare time :), but I've heard this woman speak at a few different seminars and she's great...check out her website, if you're interested: www.languageofparenting.com, this website will give you an idea about this woman, Janet, and her training--she also has some good articles on that website. Probably most helpful, though is her other website: www.parenting-advice-from-mom.com, then click on 'Boys Best' on the left. Scott went to her Boys' Alive! seminar a couple of months ago and learned some good stuff about parenting boys. Ok, enough said :)

Love you, hon!

Becca said...

Jules your house is crazy but you need to be easier on yourself! Those boys love and adore you and really are SO well behaved! Theres no point in comparing yourself to anyone because no two people are the same. God does definitely have a plan and he knows best :) Seems like a lot of things happen unexpectedly and always for the best ;)

Natasha said...

Julie, I haven't been around you guys much but from where I am standing you are doing a wonderful job. This is exactly where God intends you to be right now. He will give you what you need to be the best mom you can be. Thanks for the package too! Thanks for thinking of us and praying.

The Chases said...

Yup I am crying right now. Gosh, I can totally relate. I honestly feel like I can't give my boys enough between work and just being plain out tired! You are an amazing mom - I have never thought anything else.

Jessi Roberts said...

I love you Julie. You are an amazing Wife, Sister, Mom, and Friend. I hope you have a great day and remember that You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you :)