The other night we got packed up and took the boys for ice cream cones, it may sound like a simple thing, but fun none the less. Just driving together in the car with all 5 of us is a production in itself. The good news
Kyler didn't cry on the way there! Yeah
Kys!

I have gotten smart and pack bibs along..

Can you guess what kind of cone he had?

Crew couldn't miss his chance to show me his dirty face either...

If everything were just as simple as going for ice cream it would be a great life...:) Right now we are trying to get the boys switched around in their rooms because
Kyler has
definitely outgrown his
car seat sleeping.
Kyler is now going to be in Brody's room and crib, and are borrowing a second crib that we have in Crew's room for Brody. Without Crew in there Brody has slept great, but putting them both in there at the same time has been quite the challenge. Last night I think I was up 20 times getting these boys to settle down. They were jumping and laughing and just being the wild and crazy boys that they are. Crew had climbed in Brody's crib and they were wrestling and tackling each other... Crew filled Brody's crib with all sorts of toys, blankets, and clothes... I heard Crew just screaming one time so I ran up there and Brody had nailed Crew in the head with one of the hard toys Crew had put in his crib... Probably deserved it! So finally they both fell asleep, and I am hoping that each night just gets a few trips easier and soon enough they will be sleeping like angels, ha ha. Yeah like that will be the case! So for now I keep my two monitors next to my bed and I just try to catch moments of sleep before one or both go off :)
Kyler is doing so much better in the crib!
*Oh and just for the record, we do discipline our children, although a good
spanking, timeout, or talking to, or removing
privileges might do something for some kids, our kids (Crew mainly) are just consumed with that Price/Roberts blood that just won't let them back down! We are having to become pretty creative with our techniques and consistency on how we handle things... Trying to really catch the good behavior with positive reinforcement, Crew seems to get fired up even more by any negative reinforcement...I think I started this post with the word "simple," not so much :)
2 comments:
Lol...and I thought 1 was hard and I have video monitors in every room..lol..I can't even get her in her own room...I am the one that got kicked out of the room. I hear ya on dicipline...There really is no reasoning with a 2 year old...I just read an article about never saying the word.."No" trying to dicipline without it...have tried it, but it is REALLY hard, who ever wrote it must not have children...might have to take up my friends idea of using tabasco sauce on the tounge.
Umm I am going to guess chocolate:). Oh Hulie your kids are the funniest, they crack me up and Colt loves Crew (he's kind of mean to Brody but I think he will grow out of that:)). Its just what boys do. Miss you!!!!!
Post a Comment