"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Monday, March 29, 2010

Going Bananas



We have had the go ahead to do rice or oatmeal and I keep trying them and he just makes the worst face ever and won't even attempt to swallow, originally I thought it was because of not being developmentally ready for baby food yet, but the truth comes out. He just hates the taste of it. This morning when I said heck with the rice cereal, or going with veggies first, I went straight to the good stuff, and he scarfed those bananas right down! I know a good/smart mom would start with veggies and then introduce fruit and so forth (I did this with the other boys), but this poor baby has been drinking the most stinky, gross tasting formula for his whole life, he was more than thrilled to get a taste of something decent. We won't skip veggies forever, but for now we will be mixing fruit and cereal because he loves it! Good job Ky!

Hopefully as we slowly introduce more fruits and veggies he will be able to tolerate them, and eventually get off this formula too :)

1 comment:

The Jernigan Family said...

So cute! I have some pretty funny pictures I had blown up of Sage's first bite of peas, she looks SO mad at me, her eyebrows are all furrowed..lol..I am glad he liked the bananas and can soon be off the formula...it is such a hassle to carry around and expensive too. We did the liquid similac, and it was like $8 a day and we fed her from 3 months to a year, but she is still a skinny minny...weighs 20 pounds at 2 years old. He is getting so big, and has such long eye lashes!