"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Sunday, December 20, 2009

Crew's Christmas Program

Our church had the annual Christmas program and it was Crew's first year to be apart of it. The 3/4 year old kids had to say a verse and a song together as a group. The song "Baby Jesus" they had been practicing for a month in Children's Church and even gave all the kids CD's so they could practice at home. All Crew wanted to do was listen to the "Jesus Song". It was in our car and we weren't aloud to listen to anything but that song, he was so excited to sing it!
You can see his excitement during morning rehearsals, all dressed up and ready to go. You would not think at this point that he would be "that kid.."
Aren't they cute?
So for this special occasion we had Papa and Nana, Papa and Memi, Cole and Becca all there to watch. Well.... You know that kid, that everyone laughs at but no one wants to be their own? Yep that was Crew! He was screaming down the isle, "I don't want to go, no I don't want to go" as Chris drags him to the front. He patiently waited with Crew, but Crew never ended up wanting to go up there. :( Which totally surprises me for how excited and into it he was, plus he is NEVER shy!
Here are some of the other kids that did make it up there!

So of course during this time Kyler was not happy so I was in the back of church feeding him, so when the kids came back there Chris and I were able to bribe Crew with some crackers to have him go in the 2nd time with all the little kids ran in as angels. Crew did do that and we were so proud :) He just wanted to go back in church and sit by his grandparents, which we thought was so funny that he calls Papa/Nana and Papa/Memi his grandparents.

Hopefully next year he won't chicken out!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Gosh that seriously was way too funny!!!"No I don't wanna go, I'm too tired! I don't wanna do it!" haha I think your face said it all! At least you were laughing about it....There's plenty more years to come!