"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dentist=Disaster?

Waking up this morning knowing that I would be taking both Crew and Brody into the dentist at a new place for the first time was a little...nerve racking...stressful...disaster waiting to happen...just plain dumb. Come on, positive thinking now... I had to have been thinking positive when I had planned for them to go at the same time. Sometimes I get these weird visions of my kids just one day cooperating, and not completely embarrassing me in public. Those must be dreams. I guess my attitude this morning may have been brought on by the sequence of what the past couple days gave me.
Looking back at being at the bay with Chris' family the past few days on and off...Chasing our 3 boys everywhere in a place where there is not a lot of room and plenty of things to get into for kids at their age. Trying to not be a party pooper and having Kyler and Brodes spend the night out there with me while getting no sleep, crabby cranky kids not wanting to nap or get along, a teething baby who also wasn't liking the pack n play for sleep, and one tired mama! Pack up the troops and we came home last night only coming to find Brody has thrown up everywhere in his crib at midnight last night. I mean EVERYWHERE! TMI...never have I seen this much puke, Chris has to get up at 3:30 am, so I am doing my best to clean everything up and keep everyone else sleeping. Brody then has a major diarrhea blowout (tmi) poor guy. Yes and poor me, by this time I do feel a little sorry for myself, but that is quickly gone when my sweet, sick, two year old, needs to be held by his mom. So I cuddle and try to sleep on the couch with him. Good thing he woke up happy and ready to go this morning. Must have been a bug or something...

So you can only imagine why I woke up wondering why I would want to tackle the dentist. We do what we have to do. Since Crew really just started going to my dentist with me, I wanted to get him and Brody both into a Pediatric Dentist thinking that we might have a better chance of them having a good experience and liking it. Dr. Swanson is a family friend, and we were very excited to check out his cool new office. I prepped the boys a few days before this, and the whole way in about the dentist, what we were going to do, and how to act, etc. Crew told me that he was going to be good, and Brody just kept saying Awe, opening his mouth really wide and saying the word dentist over and over again.

Overall the experience went GREAT! The boys did get a little too excited which turns into screams and wildness when they saw all the cool toys in the waiting room, but we survived. I think these two will always fight, and with Brody learning how to act, and listening it is harder with him now. Crew really did phenomenal, I am so proud of him. He put on the cool sun glasses, headphones, and watched a movie while they cleaned his teeth. They did everything they needed to and he was so proud that he did so well too! Brodes on the other hand, he was just scared. He got really attached to the baby stroller and baby in the waiting room, and the only way he wanted to come down the hall is if he could push his baby. (I am sure Chris is really proud) Just walking into a doctors "room" makes him get really nervous. I tried just have him sit in the chair and it was full cry and tears. So I held him while the dentist put his head in his lap and checked him out and did the fluoride treatment. Brodes screamed the whole time. Although I felt bad for him and the people there, they said it is completely normal for his age. They were both really excited to leave and were super excited to talk about what they did. Brody even later today tried sticking a comb in Kyler's mouth yelling dentist, awe!

The highlight of Crew's trip was that he got to watch a movie during the appointment and that we got to go through 3 yellow lights on the drive there! He is always wanting me to wait until the green changes to yellow and then quickly go, so the chance of us hitting 3 yellows was a good day!

Not sure why I wrote such a long post, I guess it is good to get it out! My life is well....crazy...interesting...full speed...never dull...and exhausting....GOOD NIGHT!!

No comments: