"If something is important you will find a way...if not you will find an excuse"







Friday, June 11, 2010

Tiny Terrors!

We are keeping the name in the family... In high school football Chris was given this title, and I guess for different reasons our boys are keeping that name alive. Time and time again, I am not sure why it surprises me anymore, these boys gang up and make for some pretty tough and embarrassing situations. There is a reason why I have anxiety!

So I think going to "Burber King" today at 1:00 was a bad idea to begin with. Brody who has turned into a not so sweet two year old, is ready for nap no later than 12:30. Brody has been going through this high pitch, non stop whine, scream, cry, dramatics all day and it really nearly puts me over the edge most days. Although I love him dearly, this stage is one I was very excited about getting over with Crew. He is always wanting to hit, and just do things to be naughty. He use to be 'clutch'... He was the cooperative, nice boy, especially when Crew would do his thing. Well look out!

So back to "Burber King" we met a little later today due to Kyler having these long morning naps, and meeting Becca, and Kade's eating schedule. So I already claimed it as a strike. Strike one. We get there and the toy area tables are already filled up, and Brody starts screaming because he wants to try to sit at a table in there and we can't. Strike two. I get their food, and set it up outside the toy area, Brody doesn't want eat, and really has not stopped crying/screaming since we got there, should have been smart and just left then, but nope it took a good hour to get the troops out of the house so we were going to hopefully let it ride the course and Brody would chill out eventually. Assuming things will improve Strike 3. With Brody and Kyler each in their own high chair and Crew across the table, things were great for about 2 min. Kyler started crying because I couldn't get him his food fast enough, and Brody saw a kid run past him into the toy area and he wanted OUT just right then. So I went through the whole rationalizing with a two year old, on how you need to eat first, and we can't sit in there and eat because it is full. Rationalizing with a two year old Strike 4.

So by this time, I thought okay Brodes lets have some chocolate milk, its your favorite come on (as I am getting Kyler food faster than normal to keep him from crying) so I give Brody as hand with his milk, and then Kyler grabs the baby food and dumps it all over. And I turned to clean it up and Brody took the milk and dumped it all over himself. Strike 5. The people next to us leave. Strike 6.

A family FINALLY leaves and Becca FINALLY gets there and we move into the toy room. Thank goodness, at least they won't continue to disturb the whole resturant. Keep in mind before we got in there there were a couple other families peacefully watching their kids play and enjoying some nice conversation. Some day. Crew and Brody aka tiny terrors were yelling and screaming and bugging each other the whole time. Climbing up the slide when that is not allowed, and fighting about everything. Strike 7.

So I finally was able to get shoes and coats back on, and get the kids back strapped in the carseats and out of "Burber King", not quite the experience I was hoping for, or thinking about doing anytime soon. One on one these boys do fine, but now especially with 3 of them, their ages, and their ENERGY level, it is almost impossible to try and do things like this. While Chris is lounging on a boys weekend, I am keeping my sights on a girls shopping day tomorrow. My FIRST full day without any of the kids since Kyler has been born. Much overdue and very needed.

Wow I feel a lot better now that my terrors are napping, and I got to vent. Papa and Memi will be here shortly to take the two older terrors over night. Peace---right around the corner....

3 comments:

The Mulder Family said...

WOW...hang in there Julie...sometimes you just have to vent though I know!! Have fun shopping who couldn't...

Becca said...

HAHA!!! Oh goodness! Sorry I was late, but I still haven't gotten used to getting out the door with this guy. Seems like there is always something I'm forgetting or realizing I need another hand and making extra trips! Tomorrow is going to be amazing and VERY needed you are right!! :)

michele said...

Hang in there. The ages of your three are SUPER busy!! It gets easier!!
I find I am juggling quite a bit as a mom of three, but my three have very different needs from one another.
I think when your boys are 8,6 and 4 1/2 life will be MUCH easier. I know... you maybe don't want to wait THAT long!:)
Now that the weather is nicer, or should be by now, you can run your kids at the park. Hovander maybe? I love that park!
I hope your shopping trip is WONDERFUL!